Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16 Still in Conques but heading to Marie-Helene's for a week

It's not that I completely wimped out about walking on my own.  In fact, yesterday I walked ahead for 8.5 km and then back and felt much more confident.  However, after talking with Chris and Gitte I decided to accompany them to Marie-Helene's place for the week.  We are waiting for a taxi that will take us to the next town with train access and travel by train to Moissac (205 km from Conques on foot).  Marie-Helene will pick us up and drop us back off in Moissac next Saturday.  If Chris and Gitte are ready to start walking again great.  If not, I will continue on my own.  I have mixed feelings about not staying true to the trail - missing 200 km of it.  But, I will be happy to come back and complete it another time with anyone else interested in walking with me!

Meanwhile, I have the opportunity to see another part of France for a week.  I might even be able to figure out how to upload some photos.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Enjoy Moissac - sounds like a great detour! Can't wait to see pics.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete